Re: Remedy Action Request System

From: Ramanarao Chamarty <rchamart_at_thunder.temple.edu>
Date: 1999/08/25

Yep! you are right. Remedy stores diary field in a different way compared to Oracle ( where you donot have a datatype of that nature) contact Remedy Tech support - they have a work around. Also the time field is different in remedy and in oracle. Check with Remedy.

Ramanarao Chamarty
rchamart_at_temple.edu

Alan Baker
(alan.baker_at_europe.simoco.com) wrote:

: Apologies if this is the wrong group - but desperation has set in.
:
: I am porting Remedy's Action Request System (3.2) from a flat file system to
: Oracle (7.3.4) on Solaris.
:
: Everything works fine except when I try queries, I keep getting ARS errors
: stating:
:
: "The underlying database does not support qualifications on diary fields and
: character fields with a maximum length over 255 bytes".
:
: Several of my character fields are much longer than this. Where am I going
: wrong? Is this a function of Oracle? The ARS manuals are particularly
: vague on SQL databases.
:
: (Is there an ARS news group anywhere which would be more pertinent?)
:
: