Re: SQL-LOADER

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1999/08/21

A copy of this was sent to "Han Breurken" <Han.Breurken_at_nl.origin-it.com> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Thu, 19 Aug 1999 08:33:40 +0200, you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Is it possible to skip columns when using a delimeted input datafile.
>
>Exp.
>file:
>10;aaa;bbb;ccc
>
>In the database I only need the first and the last column. Is there a way to
>do that.
>
>Thanks,
>Han

see the URL in my signature below for information on doing this.

Oracle8i release 8.1 -- keyword FILLER does it. Prior to that, unix cut or plsql can do it.

--
See http://govt.us.oracle.com/~tkyte/ for my columns 'Digging-in to Oracle8i'...
Current article is "Part I of V, Autonomous Transactions" updated June 21'st