COM-Gen 2000 - Bld 183! Generates all your data objects

From: Dave V. <dversch_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 1999/08/07

Hi everyone,

        Just a note to let you all know about the latest beta release of COM-Gen 2000. We released build 183 at 9:00 AM on Aug. 7, 1999. It's available now for free at our web site at http://www.q-d.com .

        We've completely redesigned the object model. Generated collection classes are now TRUE COLLECTIONS. This means that they implement Add, Count, Item, NewEnum, Refresh, and Remove methods. There's also a new RefreshFilter property to apply filters on the Refresh method. This new model allows you to utilize 'For Each..In..Next' functionality on your generated collection objects.

        We also fixed a bug which caused an extra Option Explicit line to show up in the error handler module of a loaded project.

        Our new target for final release is August 28, 1999.

        For those unfamiliar with COM-Gen 2000, it's a VB6 Add-in that allows you, as a VB Developer, to cut up to 90% off your development time and create all of your data objects in a matter of seconds. COM-Gen 2000 reads from the most popular ODBC databases and generates the classes, properties, methods, and supporting SQL and VB code necessary to insert, update, delete, and retrieve records from any table therein. It also generates error handling code.

        Thanks again to you all for all your support, and don't forget to subscribe to both of our mailing lists:

COMGen2000_at_onelist.com - This list is allows subscribers to exchange questions, opinions, and ideas regarding COM-Gen 2000 and related issues. This list is open to users and potential users of COM-Gen 2000. You can subscribe to this list here: http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/COMGen2000

COMGen2000Status_at_onelist.com - This list is for announcements only. (You can not post messages to this list.) We will provide subscribers to this list with updates and important info regarding COM-Gen 2000 as it occurs. You can subscribe to this list here:
http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/COMGen2000Status

--
Thanks,
Dave V.