SQL*Loader Limitation?

From: IIFThen <msessions_at_aldensys.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 07:23:25 -0500

Can SQL*Loader (used on NT server) handle partial records at the END of a data file?

SQL*Loader log file reports records successfully added but when I query the data with SQL Worksheet it returns a count of 0. Can anyone out there try inserting a character at the end of their datafile and then run SQL*Loader against it. Then query to see if ALL non-partial records were loaded. For me, 1) SQL*Loader reports Error 524: Partial records found at the end of the data file, 2) SQL*Loader log file says that all records were successfully loaded. 3) When I query the table, no records are there.

I've already checked:

  • I looking at the right SQL*Loader file(timestamp, etc.)
  • I used same schema parameters for both SQL*Loader and SQL Worksheet.

I'm at a dead end on this one. I would appreciate any help.

IIFThen Received on Thu Jul 15 1999 - 14:23:25 CEST

Original text of this message