Re: Expect to work with terrabytes.. now what?

From: Simon Riggs <sriggs_at_open-mind.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 16:16:21 +0100

Why have you chosen the tools before you understand the potential pitfalls of those tools? We recommend an open minded approach to technical strategy and tools selection.

I think you should look long and hard at NCR Teradata. You may still decide to go with Oracle, but at least you will do so based on informed choice.

NCR Teradata sales staff will tell you all the problems associated with running 1-10Tb on Oracle. I'm sure IBM people will provide useful insight into this challenge also.

Please come back to me for a balanced opinion....!

Simon Riggs
Managing Consultant
Info Management Practice Group
OpenMIND Consulting