Re: WebDB install problems on solaris7

From: herbert.fukerider <herbert.fukerider_at_rfn.de>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 10:17:10 +0200

Mareike Ernst wrote:

> Then... I run the WebDB install program, specifying that I want to
> install WebDB into the same ORACLE_BASE but a different ORACLE_HOME from
> 8i.
> Works fine until I get to the bit where the SYS password is needed -
> there isn't a whole lot of choice here as I only have one db running.
> Whatever I try to write in fails...

Hi,
had the same problem with sys-password on HP-UX 11. Could no longer connect as sys/syspwd in sql*plus and svrmgrl. Number of max_enabled_roles exeeded. [Default = 20 with 8i] Obviously too many roles were granted to sys with WEBDB install.

After adding a line
max_enabled_roles = 30
to my initSID.ora and restarting the DB, this problem was fixed.

H.Fukerider Received on Wed Jun 30 1999 - 10:17:10 CEST

Original text of this message