Re: UTL_FILE Oracle object

From: Suresh Bhat <suresh.bhat_at_mitchell-energy.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 20:18:43 GMT

Hi -

You have the correct syntax.

But you may have the write permission problem even though the error message may not necessarily indicate it.

At least on our 7.3.3 UNIX release the utl files are written under user oracle.

You also want to make sure that you have the following line in your init.ora file and then stop and start the database for it to take effect. * means any directory/sub-directory where user oracle has permission to write a file.

  utl_file_dir = *

Later !!!

Suresh Bhat
Oracleguru
www.oracleguru.net

Talko Dijkhuis <DijkhuisT_at_Vertis.nl> wrote in article <3779113E.96F0A489_at_Vertis.nl>...