Re: SYSDATE for a default value

From: Mario Zgela <mario_at_hnb.hr>
Date: 29 Jun 1999 19:49:07 GMT

You can use DEFAULT clause (as it's shown in previous posts), or you can use trigger. I recommend DEFAULT clause - whenever you can, you should use declarative solutions.

It's possible to use trigger (FOR EACH ROW), e.g.:

BEGIN
  :NEW.time_stamp:=SYSDATE;
END; will solve the problem.

Hope this helps,

Mario

P.S. It's possible to automatically increase number values by using database sequences.

David Rabsch <DRabsch_at_palliser.ca> wrote in article <37778763.509CF5FC_at_palliser.ca>...