Oracle/Novell

From: sqingey <conqaaz_at_blueskyweb.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 12:22:23 GMT

I will attempt to make some sense here. I work independently on the side. I was hired to develop a system to maintain data for a medical laboratory. The company upgraded to Novell 5.0 which ships with Oracle 8. I know nothing about either, but up until now had faith in my ability as a programmer/analyst. We have an inidividual who comes in whenever we need hardware upgraded, or need network tasks done. He installed Oracle. Neither he nor I know anything about Oracle. It is very confusing and I cannot get Oracle to work on their small network. I also chose Visual Cafe to develop the client side application. I'm not sure this was the right choice as there is something about this dbAnywhere which seems to be made for NT (which we do not have at the moment). I guess what I am asking is if anyone knows of any good and easy to understand resources that will assist me in getting Oracle to work on this Novell network, and any resources that will guide me in developing a system for this company. Any help is greatly appreciated as this has been a nightmare so far.

Thank you,
Jon Cardella Received on Mon Jun 28 1999 - 14:22:23 CEST

Original text of this message