Re: Grant issues.

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1999/06/16

A copy of this was sent to Julio Negueruela <julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Wed, 16 Jun 1999 11:49:15 +0200, you wrote:

>Hi, Mehul
>
>> We do not want to give any grants directly to developer user (As far as
>> possible).
>> The grants should be given to dvl role who in turns has been granted dvl
>> role.
>
>To create a stored procedure you need either own the referenced objects
>or necessary privileges have been EXPLICITY granted on them to you. It's
>the same for views.
>
> Anyway, a few months ago I had a very similar problem with stored
>procedures. The procedure owner was not able to create the procedure,
>even though with privileges explicitly granted to him, unless we
>specified the grant option. Does anyone know why it must be so? Nothing
>appears about the grant option in the Administrator's Guide.
>
>Best regards.

can you give us an example of what you mean? a really small testcase that demonstrates this?

you don't need the grant option to create a procedure on an object.

See http://www.oracle.com/ideveloper/ for my column 'Digging-in to Oracle8i'... Mirrored (and more current) at http://govt.us.oracle.com/~tkyte/

Current article is "Fine Grained Access Control", added June 8'th