Re: EASY ???? Viewing table info from sqlplus .. HOW

From: <kal121_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 20:43:07 GMT

Do a describe on USER_TAB_COLUMNS - it has what you're looking for

eg) desc user_tab_columns

Also see USER_VIEWS, USER_TABLES, USER_INDEXES

(you get the idea)

in fact, you can run this query to see dictionary views pertaining to the objects you own:

select table_name from dict where table_name like 'USER%';

In article <3767C668.7D8E6F99_at_is.ups.com>,   rti1clh_at_is.ups.com wrote:
> Hello
> I'm sorry for asking such a simple Q but I dont know how to do
this....

> Q.
>
> How do you view the info such as datatypes or defined views and stuff
> from sqlplus.
>
> ( In SYBASE its sp_help database or tablename)
>
> What is it in ORACLE?
>
> Thanks
>
> Clarence Hart
> clh_at_ismd.ups.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Jun 16 1999 - 22:43:07 CEST

Original text of this message