Re: WEBDB : Help needed ton setup the LISTENER

From: Chris Call <chris_at_cis.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 09:44:31 -0600

LSNRCTL will start up your database listener while wdbstart starts up your webdb listener.  I installed WebDB on a configuration similar to yours and experienced no problems.  Make sure you are using the followin syntax:  wdbstart machine port &.
The ampersand is important.  You might want to go check your gateway and listener settings on the html pages provided from the install.  I believe the URL's are http://machine:port/webdb/admin_/gateway.htm or /listener.htm.  This will allow you to verify that you are pointing at the correct database SID.  Also, make sure you have setup an alias to your database SID using SQL Easy Config.  Let me know if you have any other questions.

Chris
Stephane Riou <stephane_riou_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:37665C63.5C05D595_at_hotmail.com...
I've installed Oracle8i  (V8.1.5) on Sun Solaris 2.7.
In the Database, I've installed WEBDB and I want to use it with the WebDB Listener.
I can't access anything (I can't even start WEBDB).

Is there something to setup in  TNSNAME.ORA and LISTENER.ORA or  should I only use wdbstart machine port. ?
Is there something to setup on the NIS server ?

What's the difference between wdbstart and LSNRCTL.

I'm really in pain !!!!!

Thanks in advance.

Stephane Riou.
Brest,France.