Re: JDBC and Personal Oracle 7.2.X?

From: Susan Cramer <susan_cramer_at_lycosmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 16:05:47 GMT

Personal Oracle 7 cannot work with the thin driver for some reason I cant seem to recall (probably to do with lack of a listener).

The OCI driver should have no problem connecting.

If you are using the default databse (which I suggest you start with), the URL string should be

        jdbc:oracle:oci7:_at_

Notice the ":_at_" and nothing after it.

The driver will be

        oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

Hope this helps.

SC