Re: Linux betas NT in TPC testing, running Oracle8

From: David Gould <dg_at_ubik.oak.informix.com>
Date: 12 May 1999 16:26:57 -0700

In article <7gv227$dlb$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>, <r.e.ballard_at_usa.net> wrote:
>In article <7gnfgd$a93$1_at_ubik.oak.informix.com>,
> dg_at_ubik.oak.informix.com (David Gould) wrote:
>> In article <7gm0d5$e7a$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>, <r.e.ballard_at_usa.net> wrote:
>> >Actually, there are several requirements that neither FreeBSD nor Linux can
>> >currently meet. For example, the TPC benchmark requires a quote for a 5 year
>> >support contracts on all hardware and software. Since neither Sybase, nor
>> >Oracle, no IBM offer support contracts on their Linux products, there is no
>> >legal way to meet the fundamental posting requirement. Furthermore, even Red
>> >Hat doesn't offer a 5 year 24/7 support contract on it's current product
>line.
>>
>> Hey, we're not dead yet! ;-)
>
>So David,
>
>Does Informix have TPC numbers for Linux that they can publish? Do you offer
>the 5 year support contract required for TPC publication?
>
>> So there is a supported DB on Linux.
>
>That's really great. What are your TPC numbers for Linux?

I have no idea about TPC numbers, and couldn't of course talk about them until they were official even if I did. But, that is beside the point I was trying to make, which is that there is a database with support contracts available on Linux.

-dg

--
David Gould  -  dg_at_informix.com            510.628.3783  cell: 510.305.9468
Informix Software                      300 Lakeside Drive, Oakland, CA 94612