Oracle Updates

From: BT <boon-tun.wee_at_kesoft.com.sg>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 15:28:34 +0100

Hi,

I have two different Oracle databases (A, B) on two seperate machines (1, 2). Machine 1 is on the Internet while machine 2 is on a LAN. Due to security req'mt, these machines are only connected via a serial cable & probably we'll be using PCAnywhere to perform file transfer. I need to automate the updates between the 2 databases - would like to check what's the best way to go abt this & what tools to use?

How do I can make Oracle export the latest data on the various tables in the database A based on certain criteria say every 5 hrs? Also, how do I automate the import of the tables ot database B?

If there's any simpler method, plse advise. Thanks!

Boon TUN> Received on Wed May 05 1999 - 16:28:34 CEST

Original text of this message