Re: SQL server Vs Oracle

From: AJ <aljergensen_at_spamblock.yahoo.com>
Date: 1999/05/04

You will probably get a different response to this based on the most recently/frequently used dbms of the responder. Having said that (and yes, I am currently using SQL Server), for most applications SQL Server is lower cost (Oracle is 3 to 12 times more expensive according the a recent study by the Gartner Group) and adequate for everything but very large databases. SQL Server as a general rule also has lower support and hardware requirements. The biggest plus of Oracle is that it runs on unix as well as NT.

For more detail search dejanews, there are several rants/raves for either product.