ORA-06521 (Error Mapping Function)

From: Jacques Erdey <jerdey_at_cts.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 13:15:51 -0700

I am trying to configure my 8.0.5 server on NT to use an external procedure I wrote in Pascal. I get an ORA-06521 error message.

In order to debug my DLL I have modified my PL/SQL to point to a standard WIN32 function (MessageBeep) in case my Pascal type conversion is in error. I still get the same error message. I have successfully configured the Listener and registered the library.

Here is my PL/SQL:

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE EXT_PROCS_PKG
AS
  FUNCTION MessageBeep(uType IN PLS_INTEGER)     RETURN BOOLEAN;
  PRAGMA RESTRICT_REFERENCES (MessageBeep, WNDS, RNDS, WNPS, RNPS); END EXT_PROCS_PKG;
/

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE BODY EXT_PROCS_PKG AS
  FUNCTION MessageBeep(uType IN PLS_INTEGER)     RETURN BOOLEAN
  IS
    EXTERNAL
 LIBRARY LIB_WINNT_USER32
 NAME "messagebeep"
 PARAMETERS(uType, RETURN);
END EXT_PROCS_PKG;
/

The definition for MessageBeep is :

  BOOL MessageBeep(

      UINT uType  // sound type
     );

Thanks!

Jacques Erdey
Erdey Information Systems Received on Sat Apr 24 1999 - 22:15:51 CEST

Original text of this message