Array fetch & null values in ODBC

From: Avner Lewenstein <lavner_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 10:47:24 +0200

I am working with oracle ODBC driver 8.0.5.3 to access oracle 8.0.5. In order to improve performance I've implemented array column binding (with SQLSetStmtAttr of SQL_ATTR_ROW_ARRAY_SIZE and encountered the follwing problems:
1. I saw marginal performance gains and wonder if array fetch is really done or only simulated in the driver?
2. Everything worked fine when oracle instance installed on local machine (no service specified), but when connecting to a remote server (using net8 defined service) I got error "07006 Restricted data type attribute violation" when fetched data contained null values. how can I make it work?

Thanks

avner_at_eventuslog.com

A. Received on Thu Apr 22 1999 - 10:47:24 CEST

Original text of this message