Re: ORA-3121 error for Oracle 8

From: Steve Haynes <steve_at_rwx777.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1999/04/17

In article <1999Apr13.182909.11931_at_relay.nswc.navy.mil>, Bill Morgan <wmorgan_at_nswc.navy.mil> writes
>I have installed Oracle 8.0.4 under NT 4.0. When I try to run the "test
>database connection" option in Net8 Easy Config, I get the error message
>"ORA-3121 Interface Driver not found". However, I can connect to the database
>using SQL*Plus with no problems. I suspect something needs to be reinstalled,
>but I'm not sure what. I can also run Active State 5.09 Perl scripts that
>connect to the database via Win 32::ODBC, but if I try to connect via DBI, I
>get the same ORA-3121 error. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Please
>email any responses as well as posting to this group. Thanks.
I've seen this error from forms 5 on a client pc where sqlnet 2.3.4 wasn't installed - sqlplus worked, just not forms. I've never seen it on the server.
Steve

--
Please remove nospam from my address to Reply.