Hourglass "Problem"

From: John Nicholas Varady <rust1d_at_usa.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 13:10:29 -0400

When starting the Dev 2000 Forms 4.5 runtime module and passing in a form name but no log on information, the module displayed the LOGON dialog box for the user to enter required login information.

For some reason the windows hourglass is displayed while the program waits for the user input. This can be confusing but it shouldn't be a major problem.

But users are never satisfied! On a recent install of an oracle app my client indicated that the Hourglass being displayed is not acceptable and it must be fixed and immediately. I failed to convince them that this is not within my control but they would not hear of it and demand that I contact Oracle and resolve the problem (even though I am not supplying the Oracle runtimes - they have a site license). I suggested that they should be the ones calling Oracle to see if this has been fixed in a later release (especially since they have a site license and would be entitled to it).

Have others seen this "problem" and is there a fix to be had?

--
John Varady
Glenside, PA