Re: loading data

From: August Linnman <august.linnman_at_itec.se>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 01:43:48 +0200

You think imp80 is fast? I think it is very slow, we are going to abandon imp80 for SQL*Loader (direct path import) and similar tools soon. A database of 4 GB took approximately 50 hours to load whith imp80. No indices, primary/foreign keys were activated. I have just heard that Platinum (http://www.platinum.com) has some very good data loading utilities, but have not got more detailed information.

If anyone follow this thread it would be very interesting to hear about loading tools.

Best Regards
/August Linnman