Re: C++ and Oracle access

From: Erwin Malagar <erwin315_at_hotmail>
Date: 1999/03/22

Laurent Gatignol wrote in message
>I'd like to know which products can offer C++ access to an Oracle
>Database ?

In addition to ODBC, DAO, etc, there is also embedded SQL. You can use an oracle product called Oracle Pro-C/C++ to access Oracle through embedded SQL. The C/C++ program will contain SQL statements, and have a .pc extension. Then you precompile the source code (.pc) into Pro-C/C++ and get .c or .cpp. Then you use your CPP compiler to do the rest.

This method will work on as many platforms as Oracle supports. Performance is good.
Maintenance is tedious having to precompile before compiling. Learning curve took me a week just by reading and trying it out. Received on Mon Mar 22 1999 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message