Re: Oracle 8 Shutting Down

From: Allan Kelly <ac_kelly_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: 1999/03/21

Look in your \ORANT\DATABASE directory for a file called "strtorcl.cmd". Edit this command to start the second instance. This is the file that ORADIM80 creates. You'll see the command to start the first instance. Just add another line to start the second instance. BTW, make sure your two ORACLE_SID (names) are different. Trying to start two instances named ORCL will not work.

Ferran Foz wrote in message <7cqe2m$5jm$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>My problem is different but related, i want to start 2 oracle instances
>at boot time, i have told it to boot AUTO with ORADIM80, but it
>does not work.
>
>Can you help me? Thank you!
>

>In article <36EE74FD.8D6702FD_at_hotmail.com>,
> Scott Keller <scottk1_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Use server manger from the msdos prompt, usually starts with 'svrmgr30',
>> connect internal or 'as sysdba', enter 'shutdown' or 'shutdown immediate'
 or
>> 'shutdown abort' depending on urgency. Once shutdown, you can exit by
 entering
>> 'exit'. When you're ready to startup, use svrmgr30 again, connect again
 and
>> enter 'startup'.
>>
>> Shahid Mahmood wrote:
>>
>> > Hi All
>> >
>> > I have installed oracle 8.0.5 on NT 4.0 Server, and now I want to
 install
>> > Oracle Application Server. It asks for the shutting down the oracle.
 But I
>> > could not get access to instance manager or even enterprise manager.
 Please