Re: Create Table from Excel-Data

From: Chris Nelson <ChrisNelson_at_eaton.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 13:23:06 -0500

  1. Create a flat file of data in Excel, and save as CSV file type (comma-separated values).
  2. Load with SQL*Load.
  3. Finish the import through the Application menu.

There's a lot missing in the details there, I know. For instance, Oracle supplies standard Interface tables for Items, Bills of Material, Bill Components, Routers, Routing Operations and Routing Resources (Oracle Manufacturing), and I have loaded each of these, and finished the Import of each table through the Application. It works great.

I don't know a good way to load data otherwise, such as when Interface tables are not provided but you want to load tables directly. I am looking forward to trying a product called Oraxcel (take a look at http://members.aol.com/gjlinker/ ), which seems like it might work for us.

Chris