Re: Oracle 8 Shutting Down

From: Scott Keller <scottk1_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1999/03/16

Use server manger from the msdos prompt, usually starts with 'svrmgr30', connect internal or 'as sysdba', enter 'shutdown' or 'shutdown immediate' or 'shutdown abort' depending on urgency. Once shutdown, you can exit by entering 'exit'. When you're ready to startup, use svrmgr30 again, connect again and enter 'startup'.