About BaaN ERP with Oracle

From: Maverick <kenng_at_netvigator.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 23:54:02 +0800

Actually I am new to both Oracle and BaaN, but want to ask if anybody have exp in implementing BaaN on top of Oracle.

Currently I am running BaaN IVcIII with Oracle 7.3.3 and HP-UX 10.20 on HP9000, since I have heard that Oracle has stopped supporting 7.3.3 and planned to cut her support in 7.3.4 by the end of this year. From the supporting team of Oracle, I know that 7.3.3 is not the *best* version to choose but 7.3.4 for Y2K compliance.

We have planned to upgrade our Oracle to 8, and want to ask if anybody knows that whether Baan IV can run on O8 as usual in 7, or I have to upgrade to Baan V also? Any reference on Baan V with O8?

Kenneth Received on Mon Mar 15 1999 - 16:54:02 CET

Original text of this message