Re: Y2K Testing

From: William Boyle <woboyle_at_mediaone.net>
Date: 1999/03/14

Allan Kelly wrote:

> What happens if I reset my shutdown my database, set the system date to the
> year 2000, run my tests, shutdown the database, reset the date to the
> current date, and re-start the database? Do bad things happen?

It depends. You may need to restore the database after resetting the date back to < 2000 and before restarting the database. Go ahead and make a full, cold backup first, and then try what you suggest. Either it works, or it doesn't. If it doesn't, then restore the database from the backup. Make sure you also backup the control files.

William Boyle
Principal Software Engineer
Brooks Automation, Inc. Received on Sun Mar 14 1999 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message