Reinstalling Oracle

From: <leroyg_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 1999/03/12

Can someone explain, or direct me to an FAQ or piece of Oracle documentation that explains, how to reinstall Oracle products if you feel something has gone wrong?

I have installed Oracle 8 Enterprise Edition on Windows NT Workstation 4.0, along with Developer/2000 2.1 and Designer/2000 2.1.1, but after trying to set up the Designer repository, I was unable to shut down the database using svrmgr30, and now I can't connect to the database. I get the error ORA-01034 ORACLE Unavailable. It has gone from bad to worse, and I am afraid I have done something irreversible. I cannot log in to Server Manager as INTERNAL, SYS, or SYSTEM, and I get the ORA-01034 error in all my products, from Designer to Instance Manager to SQL*Plus. I want to clear this up ASAP so I can begin learning to use Designer to model a new system. I am willing to resintall if it does not mean reinstalling NT as well. Does anyone recognize these symptoms and what can be done about them?

All I want is a clean, desktop developer installation that I can use to work with SQL, PL/SQL, Designer, and Developer. I don't need anything fancy in terms of networking or extras beyond the Object capability. How can I achieve this setup?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Leroy

/*