Re: How to use MS ODBC drivers for Oracle

From: Imran Hussain <imranh_at_imranweb.com>
Date: 1999/03/05

Hi,
Thank you very much for your help. I have tried this on four machines. One is the NT Server where Oracle is installed, the rest are NT Workstations. The client version of Oracle is 8.0.4. All the machines have similar installation. The Microsoft driver only works on the NT Server. On two machines it says that Oracle client is not installed and on the last one I get an error message. But I think this is because I don't know what to type in "Server" box in the setting. I have tried typing the values from TSNNAMES.ORA but it did not work.

BTW, the oracle bin is in the path on all the machines.

I would appreciate if you have any suggestion.

Thanks,
Imran

support email wrote:

> On Tue, 02 Mar 1999 23:50:18 GMT, Imran Hussain <imranh_at_imranweb.com>
> wrote:
>
> <snip>
> >However, when I try to create an ODBC DSN, it tell me that Oracle client
> >is not installed, even though it is installed.
> Maybe not. Which version of the client do you have installed? The MS
> driver only talks to a 7.3.x client. If you have the correct client
> installed, is it in the OS Search path?

Imran Hussain
MCP, MCSD
imranh_at_imranweb.com