Re: OAS 4 doesn't install SQLNet--how create DAD?

From: Cathy Racicot <racicot_at_intranet.ca>
Date: 1999/03/03

John,

I've just completed installing OAS 4.0 and Oracle Webserver 2.1 on a test box and I'd like to pass on a few things I noticed.

  1. I am running Oracle Enterprise Server 8.0.5.... and installed OAS4.0 in the same Oracle_Home without any problems (the luxury of having a test box that can be reformatted at will is that you can take these risks).
  2. I also had problems creating the DCD for Webserver, but found that it was looking for SQL*Net 2.3, not Net8. Once I got this configured, I was able to get through the rest of the configuration in about 45 minutes. This may be the source of your problems???

Hope this helps.

Joel Racicot
Systems Analyst
Canada Post Corporation