Re: Using Borland C++ Builder

From: McMalo <McMalo_at_HotMail.com>
Date: 1999/03/02

For what I know BCB (Borland C++ Builder ) is very good Database programmers say that is far much easier to create database application
with BCB than with M$ VC++

Compare with VB and Access?
Well BCB is C++. The pros:You have more power, more flexibility, true inheritance (Neither VB or M$ Access have it) etc. Also, you don't need to write as much code as in VB. But you will have to code in C++ instead of Basic
The cons: if you don't need it, it may just stop you to do your job. Is the app is
"small" sure VB will do a nice job. If you have something a little more complicated
BCB may be better. Or you may hit against the limitations of basic.

You should go to forums.borland.com and check some of the NG there.