identifier is too long?

From: <ulmont_at_adsl-77-236-150.clt.bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 21:29:36 GMT

I recently installed Oracle 8.04 on linux. I've been having problems with the jdbc thin drivers...every insert statement I try comes back with "identifier too long"

Here's a verbatim insert statement attempted to be executed using executeUpdate:

INSERT INTO message VALUES (3,"14-Jul-1997 00:54","Geoffrey <mystech_at_sprynet.com
>","Request for Information","

If you aware of any information about public occurences (fights, Blood Hunts, spectacles, etc..) that would be of interest to the on going web page please bring them to my attention. Thanks.

--
Geoffrey
Atlanta Interactive Theatre LARP:  http://www.arcane.org/ait/

")

Types are as per CREATE TABLE message(
ID NUMBER(10) NOT NULL CONSTRAINT messageKey PRIMARY KEY,
Date_Time DATE NOT NULL,
FromH CLOB NOT NULL,
Subject CLOB,
Body CLOB)

The message table already exists, I am using " characters to
match the thin JDBC requirement that Unicode strings be
in "s instead of 's, all ' characters are '', and the
date format has already been changed.

Any suggestions?

-Richard Campbell (ulmont_at_bellsouth.net)