Problem with PO7.3.4 + ociw32.lib

From: David CHAUMONT <david.chaumont_at_saqqara.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 09:40:30 -0000

I have a software(makes in VC++) which make insert into an oracle database. The table where i do the "insert" have a "long" type column. This is where the problem come from.
I insert some text in this "long" column. I use the library ociw32.lib

And when the "oexec" function is run,
if the text inserted in the "long" column is about more than 20 lines (less than 1000 caracters), I don't have any response from my program.

No error messages from PO7, nothing.
My program is fixed on the "oexec".

So ? What's happen ?
Please note that this program is working for many month. And the same thing works on :
- PO7.3.2

  • Oracle workgroup server 7.3.3
  • Oracle server 8.0.5

David Received on Fri Feb 26 1999 - 10:40:30 CET

Original text of this message