Oracle Design

From: BT <boon-tun.wee_at_kesoft.com.sg>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 14:17:56 -0000

Hi,

Would like to check out some stuff regarding the database design in Oracle. I have this application which requires the access to different sets of identical tables in Oracle. How shld I go abt implementing this w/o causing any conflicts becos the tables across the different sets would share the same names.

First thot, was to create a new user for each set of tables. This would resolve the potential naming conflict but somehow this does not sound very correct.

Second thot, was to use different table space to seperate the sets of tables. To access the tables in each set, change the default tablespace for the user to reference that tablespace containing the required tables. Is there any potential problem with this design?

Would welcome and appreciate any advice or help regarding this matter. Thanks!

Boon TUN> Received on Fri Feb 26 1999 - 15:17:56 CET

Original text of this message