Re: Designer 2000 won't let me create integer columns ! ? HELP!

From: Andrew Tacchi <andrew.tacchi_at_capgemini.co.uk>
Date: 1999/02/25

In Oracle server there is no such datatype as an integer, you are only allowed numbers. Number(38) is the default number and there is little point in changing this as all number fields a variable length ( i.e like varchar2)

Integer is use within PLSQL and not within Oracle DDL.

Use NUMBER (38, 0) to ensure that no decimals are inserted.