Re: Whoops! I deleted my db file! help!

From: <rspeaker_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: 1999/02/25

FYI, I ran into this same situation, and John's suggestion did not work for me. Following the startup mount, the alter database command failed due to "database not open". My only recourse was to shutdown, restore an old copy of the missing datafile, then startup and let Oracle do it's media recovery, then drop the tablespace, shutdown and remove the datafile again...

-Roy-