Re: Oracle Application Server 4.0.6 and Deploying Forms on the web

From: Andrew Tacchi <andrew.tacchi_at_capgemini.co.uk>
Date: 1999/02/25

As far as I am aware the forms cartridge is not supported by OWS 4.x and will not work.

You have three choices at present.

  1. Just use the static HTML
  2. Create your own cartridge, i've created a simple one using the Java cartridge and it worked quite well. This is the only option if you what to implement load balancing.
  3. Revert back to OWS 3.x if the use of the native forms cartridge is important to you.

I'm afraid I do not know when a compatiable forms cartridge is being released and I personally fear that Oracle are waiting for Developer 6.0 to produce a forms cartridge for OWS 4.x