Re: Question : Can I use jdk1.2 for Oracle 8i

From: <Chris.M.Hawkins_at_HealthPartners.com>
Date: 1999/02/24

Ed,

You, me, and everybody else working with Java and Oracle are waiting patiently for a new JDBC Type 4 driver for Oracle that works with JDK 1.2. I expected some kind of news weeks ago, but have heard nothing.

To answer your question: No I don't think you can use the current Oracle JDBC drivers in JDK 1.2. At least I couldn't make it work.

I suspect this is due to something Oracle has done and not true of JDBC drivers generally. I would expect most JDBC drivers to work with JDK 1.2.

Chris Hawkins
HealthPartners