Oracle Performance pointers

From: Kevin Fitzpatrick <kfitz_at_tridsys.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 14:06:43 GMT

I'm in the early stages of porting a 60Gig (30 table) Oracle 7 DB to a new site. Currently it's running on a Sun Enterprise 3000 (Quad processor) where daily processing causes the CPUs to be "idle" for as low as 30% of the time (over 24 hours). I'm very interested in pointers to Oracle performance reports between a Sun/Solaris/Quad processor box and an NT/Xeon/Quad processor box.

I don't usually visit this newsgroup so please respond using my email address.

Thanks,
Kevin Fitzpatrick
kfitz_at_tridsys.com Received on Wed Feb 24 1999 - 15:06:43 CET

Original text of this message