OAS 4.0 - PLSQL cartridge & Custom (application based) Security problem

From: Armand Melanson <melanson.armand_at_mit-it.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 16:43:35 -0000

Anyone have any experience implementing application based security on OAS running multiple PLSQL applications?Is it possible to specify different custom security models for different applications using the PLSQL cartridge? Is it possible to have 1 application use custom while another doesn't? When implementing custom security, you supply the package body for the OAS_PUBLIC.owa_custom indicating which security model to implement. However, once you specify the type( e.g. per_package), it appears that all the applications using the PLSQL cartridge must implement code to use this model - they must define an authorize function which handles the authentication. The seems ludicrous but the OAS documentation is rather scant on the subject & my experience has forced me to add authorize functions to all other applications using plsql cartridge for them to work. Received on Tue Feb 23 1999 - 17:43:35 CET

Original text of this message