Re: Symmetric replication

From: <rprabha_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: 1999/02/15

Hi Sara

       If business permits, may be you should opt for a asynchronous mode of propagation, this way in case of failure of replicated site, the deferred queue could be pushed later on after the resumption of replication.

Otherwise, if you want to continue for synchronous mode of propagation, you could write triggers or procedures which would store data while one of the sites is down and when the replicated site is up you could push this accumulated data to replicated site before bringing up synchronous replication again.

Volume of rows and speed of your network should be a major concern, at times, pushing the rows is quite time consuming and despite best of your efforts, the replicated site would still be not in sync with your source database.

Have ample space ready before hand in the DEFAULT TABLESPACE of replication administrator OR whichever Oracle id is accumulating the rows, since during times of failure of replicated site, the deferred queue will fill up very quickly.

If your system and network speed is impressive, perhaps, you could go for an immediate halt of synchronous replication and switch to async replication, accumulate data and then when replicated site is back to business, you could push rows and switch back to sync replication.

Rajeev
cliff92_at_hotmail.com