Oracle version issues

From: Jeffrey Sevier <jsevier_at_one.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 12:40:57 -0500

If anyone can help with this it would be greatly appreciated...

At work we are installing PeopleSoft 7.5 on workstations that need to maintain their access for various applications to version 7 Oracle databases. PeopleSoft requires version 8.0.3 to run, and during the install process version 8 client software is installed. This apparently overwrites the version 7 client software which results in no access to the legacy apps for the users. My question is:

Is there a patch or some installation process that will allow workstations to maintain both Oracle 8 and Oracle 7 access simultaneously? We considered a dual boot setup but that was determined to be too maintenance intensive.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Received on Sun Feb 14 1999 - 18:40:57 CET

Original text of this message