ORA804.dll not found error

From: Bill Morgan <wmorgan_at_nswc.navy.mil>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 20:27:43 GMT

I have Oracle 8.0.4.0.0 Enterprise Edition running under NT 4.0 with Service Pack 3. Recently I started getting a bunch of Dr. Watson error windows popping up at seemingly random times with the following error message:

The dynamic link library ORA804.dll could not be found in the specified path C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32;;C:\WINNT\System32;C:\WINNT\system;C:\WINNT;

I have no idea what application is looking for the ORA804.dll file and causing this error. My database still seems to be working fine, so this message is just a nuisance at this point, but I would like to fix the problem. I checked and ORA804.dll is on my system in the ORACLE_HOME/bin directory. I also checked my path variable and ORACLE_HOME is included in there. I also uninstalled and then reinstalled the Required Support Files 8.0.4, as suggested by Oracle Support, but the error keeps coming back. Even after rebooting and not starting up any applications, the error pops up a few minutes later, then continues to pop up every 10-15 minutes or so.

If anyone knows how to fix this problem, let me know. Please email any responses as well as posting to this group. Many thanks!

William E. Morgan       NAVAL SURFACE WARFARE CENTER
Code N84                     email: wmorgan_at_nswc.navy.mil
17320 Dahlgren Rd.     phone: (540)653-6088
Dahlgren, VA 22448 fax: (540)653-1810 Received on Wed Feb 10 1999 - 21:27:43 CET

Original text of this message