Re: HELP: ODBC & SQL NET

From: (wrong string) é Füchsel <Andre.Fuechsel_at_sema.de>
Date: 1999/02/08

T. Jones schrieb in Nachricht <79j9ol$rll$1_at_news-1.news.gte.net>...
>I have just set up my SQL*NET client. Using the utilites, I can
 'tnsping'
>my
>UNIX based Oracle 7 server with no problem. So, I'm assuming the
>PC (NT) client is communicating with the Oracle 7 server.
>
>The problem is the ODBC drivers (Microsoft). I was told to use MS's
 drivers
>because they actually work better than Oracles. When I go to add a
 system
>DSN for an Oracle DSN, I put the following:
>
> Name: ACSPUB (what I want the DSN to be)
> User name: myusername
> Server: WHAT DO I PUT HERE?

SQL*Net: Add Database Alias for your DB and insert this alias here. Doesn't have much to do with which version of ODBC-driver you are using; every ODBC-driver needs the SQL*Net connection string. It works fine.

A.

--
Andre Fuechsel                              Phone:  +49 221 8299 228
SEMA GROUP Deutschland GmbH                 Fax:    +49 221 8299 288