Re: Front end for Oracle

From: Craig Brady <cpbrady_at_frontiernet.net>
Date: 1999/02/05

I agree with Ray....there's no way I'd use (or recommend to a client) Access as the front end in this situation.
If you have people familiar with writing VBA code, then the logical step would be to switch to Visual Basic - at least some of the constructs will be famililar.
 Forget the bound/data aware controls and use direct data access methods (VB5 and 6 now support ADOs (ActiveX Data Objects)..and they are efficient and fast).
 Word of warning.....don't use the Oracle ODBC driver...it won't work. Go with the Microsoft ODBC for Oracle driver that comes with VB.

Craig Brady
Talisman Technologies Inc