SQL*NET and MTS with multiple TCPIP interfaces

From: Matthew R. Ginn <mginn_at_uswest.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 19:56:02 -0700

We are running Oracle 7.3.3 MTS (multi threaded server) on Solaris we have added another network interface (IP over ATM) for a new subnet in our enviroment. Although these two subnets can communicate with each other we whish to isolate traffic to the local subnet.

ie:

We have two listeners started

192.168.1.4
192.168.2.4

Client on 192.168.1.xxx makes its request to 192.168.1.4 the dispatcher replies the first time with a connection on 192.168.1.xxx. The next time the client makes a request the dispatcher responds on 192.168.2.xxx. This causes the connection to sometimes connect across the router which is a bottleneck with only 10mb interfaces.

How can we stop this round-robin effect.

Matt Received on Thu Feb 04 1999 - 03:56:02 CET

Original text of this message