Re: HELP: Creating NT ODBC conn with Unix Oracle DB

From: mark tomlinson <micro_at_work.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 23:50:57 GMT

On Fri, 22 Jan 1999 08:24:16 -0500, "Tony L. Jones" <jonestl_at_REMOVEpurdue.edu> wrote:

>How do I establish an ODBC connection with a Unix based Oracle
>database? I understand that I must have a pc client like SQL*Net,
>but how does ODBC find the DSN? Does SQL*Net let the PC
>know where the DSN.

The ODBC administrator will look up the DSN information and pull out the driver specific connection parameters. Use the ODBC administrator to configure a DSN which will have the neccessary SQL*Net connection information included. Received on Thu Jan 28 1999 - 00:50:57 CET

Original text of this message