Re: Still OS Authentication

From: Peter & Mag <petermag_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: 1999/01/24

Let me cut-and-paste from the manual and you try this again:

"The following command creates a user who is identified by Oracle and authenti-cated by the operating system or a network service: CREATE USER scott IDENTIFIED EXTERNALLY;

The text of the OS_AUTHENT_PREFIX parameter is case-sensitive on some operating systems. "

Note also if you change the prefix then you need to recreate all the schema and tables again.

--

Peter Teoh
Oracle Certified Professional