Re: create OracleXXXXStart service??

From: <suisum_at_ecn.ab.ca>
Date: 1999/01/17

Why do you need to create the services? Click on the CONTROL PANEL | SERVICES. There should be two services sitting there:

   OracleServiceORCL
   OracleStartORCL

You can see the status whether they have been started or not.

Thanks,

Jonathan Lewis (jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk) wrote:

: You need to use the program oradim80
: Jonathan Lewis
: Yet another Oracle-related web site: www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

: vagelis Hristidis wrote in message <77qvrv$hsk$1_at_ulysses.noc.ntua.gr>...

: >How can I create the OracleXXXXStart service?
: >I have the strtorcl.cmd file that oracle has
: >created(d:\orant\bin\oradim80.exe -startup -sid ORCL -usrpwd
: >oracle -starttype srvc,inst -pfile d:\orant\database\initorcl.ora)
: >I have to recreate the service because I reinstalled WinNT.
: >Thanks in advance .
: >Please mail to me.
: >
: >Vagelis S. Hristidis
: >Electrical and Computer Engineering
: >National Technical University of Athens
: >e-mail:exrist_at_cc.ece.ntua.gr
: >URL:http://www.cc.ece.ntua.gr/~exrist
: >
: >