Re: Installing Oracle on /usr ?

From: Wyatt Wong <tfwong_at_asiaonline.net>
Date: 1999/01/13

My company is running Oracle 7.3.2.3 on Sun Solaris 2.5.1 on UltraSPARC platform, however, the Oracle is installed by the vendor and so I don't know where it is located. I need to check the documentation about where they had installed the Oracle to.

It seems they installed Oracle in a separate partition at /oracle.

>Having been an Oracle Administrator in an environment where the filesystem(s)
>/ volumes were already created... I find myself in a new position as both the
>System Admin and Oracle DBA.
>
>For those working with Sun Solaris or other OS's... where do you typically
>install Oracle executables? My current/future layout has 3 9gig (6) drives in
>an array (D1000, for the OS, swap and archives) and 6-4gig (12) drives in an
>array (A1000)...
>
>What are your thoughts/recommendations as to where the Oracle executables /
>installation should be? On one of the 3-9gig drives and in which directory or
>does it matter--mount my own. Maybe even on the 6-4gig drives that will
>obviously have the datafiles and indexes created on them... ?
>
>Thanks!
>
>-Mike
>ora7dba_at_yahoo.com

\/\/yatt \/\/ong Home Page - http://www.asiaonline.net.hk/~tfwong/ Winona Ryder Forever H. P. - http://www.asiaonline.net.hk/~tfwong/winona/ e-mail: tfwong_at_asiaonline.net, tfwong_at_bigfoot.com

Send a message with subject GET PGP KEY to get my PGP public key Received on Wed Jan 13 1999 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message